Program - Master in Economics of Banking and Finance
I - Introductory seminars
- Value-Win Business simulation.
- Running a company and taking strategic
- decisions in a competitive and international environment.
- Prerequisite for financial statistics.
- Mastering relevant mathematics and statistics concepts.
II. Fundamental courses
1- Economic environment and financial systems
- Emerging countries in the globalization process
Weighing the pros and cons of globalization for emerging countries.
- Monetary policy, exchange and interest rates
Understanding the goals, constraints and implementation of monetary policy.
- Financial intermediaries, markets and financing of the economy
Analyzing the functions of various types of financial systems and their logic, in order to assess their role in the financing of economic development.
- Regulation, supervision and dynamics of the financial system
Studying the necessary regulations of the financial system and the way to prevent systemic risk.
2- Corporate finance and financial market
- Financial Analysis and diagnostics
Setting up a financial diagnosis regarding a firm's economic and financial data.
- Investment decisions and Financial planning
Verifying investment project assessment techniques, with a view to maximizing their value.
- Financial instruments, techniques and strategies
Going into detail on financial tools offered to a firm in its development.
- Company Assessment
Getting a concrete practice of assessment methods, through case studies.
3- Financial institution management
- Portfolio theory and management
Mastering the theoretical basis, the successive modelling, and the assessment techniques from the Portfolio Theory, with its specific implementation in fund management.
- Statistical methods for financial institutions
Being able to master the statistical concepts, techniques and tools used to analyse and manage financial institutions.
- Analysis and Financial Management of the insurance company
Underlining the role of insurance in an emerging market before studying the equilibrium conditions and efficiency determinants of the insurance company.
- Analysis and Management of the banking firm
Analysing the different aspects of banking, emphasising its specificity, understanding its equilibrium conditions and efficiency determinants.
- Financial risk management: derivatives and hedging strategies
Studying the most common techniques used by the financial institutions to measure and manage the different types of risks they have to face.
III. Study trip to France
Two-week training program at ESCP-EAP and Paris Dauphine University, research activities, consulting project 's follow up, professional conferences by financial institutions and companies...
IV. The consulting project
Handling a project, built upon concrete business issues and conducted to a thorough analysis, using the entire range of financial skills learned in the program. The project will culminate in proposals, or recommendations for plans of action.